Help support The South Salt Lake Honorary Colonels
The South Salt Lake Honorary Colonels Association has four main objectives:
1. Promote a positive relationship between the police department and the community
2. Raise funds for Police Department needs.
3. Render aid to police families in times of need.
4. Facilitate educational events and forums.
The Honorary Colonels Association is made up of engaged citizens, leaders, and business owners with a desire to strengthen the community through increasing a positive relationship between the public and the police department. Members can participate in a variety of activities and responsibilities that provide memorable experiences and opportunities to build meaningful relationships.
The Chief of Police and the governing board of the Association representing its members dictate the initiatives and direction of the Association.
The South Salt Lake Honorary Colonels provides community service and supports the goals and objectives of the police department. The Colonels are made up of prominent business people, educators, and community leaders that provide significant insight into the needs of the department and community.
The Colonels render aid to police families in times of need, coordinate educational programs, raise funds for special programs and events, facilitate problem solving forums, and react appropriately to developing matters in which the organizations opinion would be valuable.
The Chief of Police and the governing board of the association representing its members dictate the initiatives and direction of the association.
Board of Directors
Become a Member Today!
Become a member with The South Salt Lake Honorary Colonels Today. The Chief of Police and the governing board of the Association representing its members dictate the initiatives and direction of the Association. Pamphlet>>>
- High moral character and integrity with ideals and philosophies in keeping with the purposes of the South Salt Lake Police Honorary Colonels’ Association. Members will not ask for nor expect special consideration by members of the South Salt Lake Police Department for his or her own personal benefit.
- Freedom from any background or associations that might be or become an embarrassment to the Association, South Salt Lake Police Department, or the City of South Salt Lake.
- Have a sincere desire to participate in improving the community through strengthening the relationship between the police department and the public.
- Affiliation with the City, County, or State government, a political group, a business, or a particular church is not a requirement. The interest is whether the member can and will assist the South Salt Lake Police Honorary Colonels’ Association with its various responsibilities and functions.
- Residency in South Salt Lake City is not a requirement. The interest is what the individual can contribute to the Association, not where they live.
- Fill out the attached Membership Application
- Complete a BCI background check (paid for by the individual)
- Email application to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The prospective member will be presented and approved by the board of directors.
- Once approved by the board of directors, the new member will pay annual dues of $200 to the Association. No leader or member of the South Salt Lake Honorary Colonels Association receives financial compensation. All donations are used for the support of the South Salt Lake Police Department and the growth of the Honorary Colonels Association.
- The new member will receive a new member packet, t-shirt, and information on how they can become involved.
Fill out the application for HERE…
Purchase your T-Shirt today. Portions of all shirt sales helps support The South Salt Lake Honorary Colonels. Donate>>>
How to Reach Us!
P.O. Box 65362
Salt Lake City, UT 84165
Your donation is tax deductible!
Tax ID#: 82-1065241